Lake Buena Vista Resort – GM’s Bucket List
May 8, 2015
Chances are you came to Orlando to enjoy all the magic and excitement that our theme parks have to offer. Perhaps even shop ’til you drop on the days you decide to take a rest from all the theme park fun! But if you’re staying with us and decide to take a day to just relax at the hotel, we would like to suggest a few things that our General Manager, Daryl Szelengiewics, suggests you do while enjoying your stay with us:
- Relax in one of our hot tubs by the pools during a sunset. During vacation we tend to “go, go, go” all the time. Make time for a relaxing experience where you just need to sit and do nothing!
- Slide down the Pirate’s Plunge slide. Adult or child, you must take the plunge! The slide is in our main pool and will create memories that the whole family can share!
- Enjoy some fish & chips, classic burger, or a shepherd’s pie with a beer on the side at the Frankie Farrell’s Irish Pub. Our onsite Irish Pub offers amazing meals and a great variety of beer that you just can’t miss! Plus, you don’t have to drive anywhere. Just come down from your suite to enjoy dinner!
- Pet an alligator by the pirate pool. Every Wednesday and Friday, depending on weather, a volunteer from an animal reserve and rescue comes to our resort at 10 a.m. The volunteer holds a baby alligator while delivering an informative and funny speech about alligators! Kids are encouraged to ask questions to learn more about these fascinating animals!
- Order a pizza from the Pizza Hut onsite, and make it a family night! It’s fun to go out, but having a relaxing night is necessary to recharge!
- Go to Lani’s Luau Tiki Bar and treat yourself to one of their amazing signature drinks.
- Receive an exclusive ‘guest only’ coupon book for the Lake Buena Vista Factory Outlet mall on property, and shop ’til you drop!
- Book a 50 minute massage at Reflection’s Spa & Salon and feel the stress melt away as you get your vacation of a lifetime started!
- Get your child a princess makeover or pirate takeover at the Spa before going to the parks! Dressing up like a princess or a cool pirate automatically puts kids in the mood to experience the magical world they are about to embark on when visiting Disney World!
- Read a book by our Relaxation Pool. After a day busy day in the parks, enjoy some peace and quiet by reading with a view!