Orlando Restaurants Getting Recognition
Orlando’s restaurant scene is becoming an attraction in its own right. WalletHub ranked us as the #2 foodie city in the U.S. Not only that, but the first ever Michelin Guide to Florida was published in June of this year. As many foodies probably know, Michelin stars are some of the most coveted awards in the restaurant industry and serve as a guiding light to traveling foodies. The new Florida guide features three Florida cities: Orlando, Miami, and Tampa. To view the full list, click here.
Michelin Star Winners
Out of the 15 Florida restaurants awarded Michelin stars, four are located in Orlando:
- Capa Steakhouse & Bar
- Knife & Spoon
- Soseki Modern Omakase
An additional 30 local eateries won recognition in the guide for their quality and value.
James Beard Award-Winning Chefs
Our culinary representation doesn’t stop there, Orlando is the host city of restaurants with James Beard award-winning chefs:
- Four Flamingos by Richard Blais (located in the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress)
- JALEO by Jose Andres (located in Disney Springs®)
- Frontera Cocina by Rick Bayless (located in Disney Springs®)
- Bluezoo by Todd English (located in Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort and World Swan Reserve)
- Chicken Guy! by Guy Fieri (located in Planet Hollywood, Disney Springs®)
- Primo by Melissa Kelly (located in the JW Marriott Orlando)
- Morimoto Asia by Masaharu Morimoto (located in Disney Springs®)
- Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill (Wolfgang Puck located in Disney Springs®)
- Fish & Chips by Gordon Ramsay (located in Icon Park)
- Homecomin’ Florida Kitchen by Art Smith (located in Disney Springs®)
- Tapa Toro by Roberto Treviño (located in Icon Park)
Magical Dining Month
With this rich foundation, our tourism association, VisitOrlando, promotes the area’s dining options – from food trucks to fine dining – to great effect. For example, in partnership with the city’s restaurants, they go all-out with Magical Dining. This fundraising event is similar to other cities’ restaurant weeks, featuring three-course, prix-fixe dinner menus, but Orlando’s version lasts for more than a month. This year, it will be August 26th through October 2nd.
EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival
And last but not least, we cannot leave behind EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival. The festival gives visitors an opportunity take a taste tour around the world. It officially started July 14 and ends November 19. Although there’s plenty of time to book your Disney tickets for this event, it’s better to start thinking about where you’ll stay when you visit Orlando.
The perfect location for a hotel near Walt Disney World® Resort is in Lake Buena Vista, and it puts you in the heart of everything there is to see and do in this celebrated area. The Walt Disney World® Resort, is right on your doorstep when you stay at the Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa. We are only 3 miles away from the Walt Disney World® Theme Parks and 4 miles away from the entrance to Disney Springs®.